Everything Candlepin

RSS

Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pro Series 10-string at Mohegan, Part XIII
John-
"Urbie"-
Kafalas
Pinboy
Post Pro Series 10-string at Mohegan, Part XIII
on: May 15, 2013, 06:40

I know Da Coach disagrees, but this is why I think the 10-stringer is the most tedious, uninteresting tournament format ever invented. How can you have a pro tournament with no match play?

Mac
Pinboy
Post Re: Pro Series 10-string at Mohegan, Part XIII
on: May 15, 2013, 08:13

Just like almost every golf tournament to ever be played. May the best be the best!

Side note - at what point will the instant replays stop on every strike thrown? We've all seen strikes.

John-
"Urbie"-
Kafalas
Pinboy
on: May 16, 2013, 21:56

That'll happen around the time 50-foot lobs are no longer thrown by guys who think they're out of the money....

Mac
Pinboy
on: May 17, 2013, 11:22

Or maybe it could stop when people excessively celebrate every mark they get as if it's their first... this is all just hypothetical, right?

John-
"Urbie"-
Kafalas
Pinboy
on: May 17, 2013, 12:06

Oh ya, no reference to any particular thing, any resemblance to actual persons purely coincidental. As is the hypothetical Half Worcester fill following the demonstrative mark reaction - that never happens!

John-
"Urbie"-
Kafalas
Pinboy
on: May 28, 2013, 07:09

This may or may not help, but in the last couple of segments of the women's playoffs, I (tried to remember to) put most of the replays at the end of a box. I think that fits better, timing-wise -- after a box, you're expecting a 13- to 15-second delay anyway, while the pinsetter does its thing -- so a replay doesn't interrupt the flow; as in a Ch. 5 show, where the thing basically ran in real-time. Does that work better?

Urb

Steve-
Miller
Pinboy
on: May 30, 2013, 20:25

I'm enjoying the slow-mo replays, either way you do them. If I had a wish, it'd be that the release be included, and maybe some of the arm swing, so I can try to understand how the bowler accomplished the shot featured. I'm trying to study what goes into an effective shots in various styles.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.046 seconds.

January 23rd, 2013  
 Rich Limone