Everything Candlepin

RSS

Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chicago Candlepins - Looking For Bowlers!
Steve-
Miller
Pinboy
Post Chicago Candlepins - Looking For Bowlers!
on: August 24, 2013, 22:14

Hi Everyone! I'd this also in the State Of The Game, but I think really belongs under Candlepin News instead. I'm in Chicago, yes Iliinois, and I bowl candlepins here, and am looking for Candlepin Bowlers, and wondering if you can find me some of your Chicago area friends and family that woud like to go Candlepin Bowling at Southport Lanes in Chicago!

Southport Lanes is a vintage 1922 Ten-Pin bowling alley with manually set pins - by Pinboys! That's how I've been able to bowl Candlepins here in Chicago. The house has only 4 lanes, plus billiard and party rooms and a great bar with a great menu.

We now have sets of Candlepins, a big thank you again for the big help from Sean Howard at Leda Lanes in Nashua, NH. We now also have house balls. The manager wants to start offering it on a trial basis, at least until he sees how if works out with groups and multiple lanes. So we'd like to start getting groups together on up to a pair of lanes first, and see how that works out, alternating lanes and seeing how well the pinboys can handle this. Once we prove this will work out, then Southport will consider people bowl Candlepins on request.

All are welcome to Candlepin Bowl, regardless of skill level. I'm trying to get locals who 10-Pin bowlers but were impressed with the Candlepin game to come back and join us as well.

For now, I'm the contact person. I would love to hear from anyone, and esp anyone who knows anyone in/near Chicago that would like to come out and Candlpin Bowl. Please email me (and have others email me) at: candlepinchicago@yahoo.com.

Feel free to ask questions on the forum as well

I'd also like to know what days/nights work out best. Individuals and parties reserve time slots onlline, and the lanes fill up sometimes on popular dates and times. Normally, Saturday and Sunday afternoons are often wide open. Monday and Tuesday evenings often spots available that we might be able to get. Bowling during he week is only offered in the evenings, when the Pinboys are available. Bowling at the house is probably more expensive than all are used to, charges by the hour. The rate for Candlepins has not been determined yet, sorry, but if we get good groups, esp. regular groups, we may get some help on the price.

I look forward to hearing from and meeting your friends and family! Again, the email address is candlepinchicago@yahoo.com

I really want to think we can make Candlepins work in a dual use house in Chicago, at least a small house anyway, alongside the 10-Pin bowlers.

Thanks You For Your Help and Support!

Steve Miller (see my YouTube videos as Stat Man Steve!)

Quick Reply:

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.03 seconds.

January 23rd, 2013  
 Rich Limone