Everything Candlepin

RSS

Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TV Show at Ficcos
John-
"Urbie"-
Kafalas
Pinboy
Post TV Show at Ficcos
on: August 22, 2013, 12:01

This is totally out of the blue, but Franklin local cable TV (I think it's Comcast) recently approached Ficco's and asked if they'd be interested in doing a TV show for local consumption. It is apparently going to happen -- Saturday at 10:00am, there will be a taping of some number of shows, in some format or other (as yet unknown to me), involving some number of house bowlers from Ficco's including yours truly (ideally 16, but they weren't sure if they could get that many -- only 10 or 11 showed up for rolloffs this past weekend). It might be some kind of ladder, and I don't know if it's head-to-head match play or some other format.

Anyhow, word is that the cable company wants to tape a few shows on Saturday and possibly a few more during the season. For now, it's just for Ficco's house bowlers, but who knows what future plans might entail (and besides, you can become a house bowler by joining a league :) ). I think there will not be cash prizes, though -- usually those are not allowed on local-access cable.

In any case, if anyone's got nothing better to do on Saturday, drop by and watch -- it starts at 10:00am.

Urb

mike
Pinboy
Post Re: TV Show at Ficcos
on: August 23, 2013, 18:08

I don't live to far away. I am teaching at the fire academy tomorrow but do you think they will have it next Saturday the 31st. I get off my shift at 8am that morning and might be able to go see the filming.

John-
"Urbie"-
Kafalas
Pinboy
on: August 25, 2013, 06:38

No, they taped all 5 shows yesterday. However, they're planning on doing it again later in the year!

mike
Pinboy
on: August 26, 2013, 07:55

Cool. Keep me informed. I would like to go see it. Do you play a lot at Ficcos

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.034 seconds.

January 23rd, 2013  
 Rich Limone