Everything Candlepin

RSS

Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chicago Candlepins - Successful Event!
Steve-
Miller
Pinboy
Post Chicago Candlepins - Successful Event!
on: September 12, 2013, 23:18

Hi Everyone! Wanted to let everyone know we hosted our first Candlepin Bowling Event at Southport Lanes in Chicago, and it was a great success!

A wonderful group of 7 young adults came out for a Candlepin Birthday Party. Megan, the Birthday Gal, from Chicago, had enjoyed bowling Candlepins once in Boston about 5 years ago, and had wanted to that for her birthday. Fortuatntely, she Googled Candlepin Bowling and got further topic of Chicago, and found my videos and postings about bowling Candlepins in Chicago, got in touch with me, and we got it all set up! A very fun social gathering for her family and friends. I gave a little talk about the details of the game & differences from 10-Pin, a brief demo of a 3-step approach, although suggesting they do whatever feels comfortable and works for them, rolled a sample box so they could see someone do it (only two of them had bowled Candlepin before). I kept score and encouraged them, played ball chaser (pinboy house remember, and 10-pin ball return with cradle that sometimes jams with Candlepin Balls and can back up at times.) Told them in advance how rare strikes are, I think the pros average around 1-1/2 a game, and that I only get one in about 12 games, so don't expect strikes but have fun getting down what they could, they'd get better as the night went on (and they did.) We all had a great time socialing together and they all thanks me personally and were eager to give me their email address for my email group list.

We've now bowled with at least 5-6 bowlers on one lane, and now 7 bowlers and 2 lanes, with the PinBoys. I'm still the contact person to set up Candlepin Bowling at Southport Lanes, but hopefully they will want to accept Candlepin requestes directly soon. Currently lanes are booked on-line, unreserved lanes (only 4 total) are given out if no reservations on them, and at times when Pinboys are scheduled.)

My email address for setting up a Chicago Candlepin Bowling Event at Southport Lanes, or just meeting up with you ourselves in Chicago, is:
candlepinchicago@yahoo.com

Thanks for reading and Thanks for your Support! And thanks again to Urbie and Leda Lanes for their support!

Steve Miller, YouTube's Stat Man Steve

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.021 seconds.

January 23rd, 2013  
 Rich Limone